About the Role
This position is responsible for providing personal care and designated health-related services designed to maintain the client’s physical and emotional well-being for those clients living at PUSH Services Inc. This position assists clients with tasks of daily living as indicated on the Service Agreement, the Medication Administration Record (MAR), and other services as delegated by the RN.
This job description is not mean to be all-inclusive. The employee will also perform other reasonable related duties as assigned by the RN Supervisor and/ or Assisted Living Manager.
Management reserves the right to change job responsibilities, duties, and hours as needs prevail. This document is for management communication only and is not intended to imply a written or implied contract of employment.
High School education and CNA/ NAR or HHA Certificate preferred.
Experience in working with older adults.
SPECIALIZED KNOWLEDGE AND ABILITIES:
This position requires the incumbent to:
Possess a sensitivity and aptitude for working with the elderly.
Prioritize and organize work effectively and efficiently.
Possess skills to communicate effectively with clients, families, staff and other customers.
Possess the ability to read, write and comprehend simple instructions, correspondence and documentation, including medical terminology, in English.
Be punctual with a good attendance record.
Must demonstrate good interpersonal skills.
Understand how to use, carry and be responsible for the cell phone while on duty.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS AND TASKS:
Job Function: Medication Administration
Administer medications and give reminders to clients as required according to the Medication Administration Record (MAR) and as delegated by the RN Supervisor.
Follow policy for administrating medications PRN standing orders.
Follow policy and procedure for narcotic administration and documentation.
Follow policy and procedure for medication administration when a client is leaving the building.
Follows policy and procedures when receiving new or changed medication orders.
Reorder medications and supplies weekly, or as needed.
Understand standard precautions used for infection control and adhere to them.
Other medication administration duties as assigned by RN Supervisor.
Job Function: Provide personal and direct care to clients
· Assist clients with activities of daily living as indicated on their individual service agreement (including, but not limited to dressing, showering, grooming, toilet assistance and escorting).
· Assist clients with daily room order and light housekeeping.
· Assist clients with personal laundry duties, which may include ironing.
· Maintain a clean and healthy environment.
· Promote independence, not dependence, with clients offering choices and fostering self-help skills.
· Perform routine procedures as delegated by the RN Supervisor.
Job Function: Documenting and reporting
Document any changes in clients’ condition in the client chart and communication log. Report these changes to the RN Supervisor.
Completes incident reports according to policy.
Reports to RN Supervisor any medication changes or any PRN medications that have been administered to a client.
Understands procedures regarding home care tasks and charting procedures when performing these tasks.
Recognizing abnormal signs and symptoms, or changes in clients’ condition.
Documenting duties completed with clients on the service delivery record during each shift.
Job Function: Complete essential paperwork
· Filing papers in clients’ charts as needed.
· Signing Medication Administration Records (MAR’s) monthly.
· Reviewing and signing all new clients plan of care/ weekly service record and changes in current clients’ plan of care.
· Reading the communication book and checking employee mailbox before the start of each shift.
· Checking outgoing US mailbox, collecting US mail delivered and distributing US mail and in-house mail to the clients.
· Other documentation as assigned and/ or needed.
Job Function: Knowledge and compliance with state regulations
· Understand and adhere to the Vulnerable Adult and abuse policy, Bill of Rights and HIPPA.
· Works to assure facility follows federal, state and local standards and regulations.
· Complete a minimum of eight (8) hours of documented training.
· Be up to date with completing Mantoux tests or chest x-rays.
Job Function: Activity Programming
Encourage, gather and/ or escort clients to participate in scheduled activity programs.
Lead activity programs as assigned.
Socialize with clients and incorporate new ideas and client suggestions into programming.
Job Function: Participate and function effectively as a team member
· Develop and maintain a positive working relationship with other Unlicensed Personnel’s, housekeeper, Nursing staff, kitchen staff and other [Name of company] staff.
· Provide back up to other staff as needed to ensure 24 hours staffing.
· Communicate information regarding clients care needs and changes to the team and families.
· Provide proactive and constructive participation in staff meetings.
· Be compassionate and work with tact and ethical awareness.
· Be flexible and adaptable to changing situations.
· Responds appropriately to safety hazards, fire, weather or emergency situations.
· Follow through promptly on requested duties.
· Assisted kitchen staff at meal times with set up, serving and clean up.
· Provide on-the-job training for new associates.
· Must be mature and emotionally stable using a calm and kind tone of voice.
· The ability to remain calm in difficult or unusual circumstances.
Job Function: Other duties as assigned
Support the mission and values of PUSH Services Inc.
About the Company
The founder of PUSH Services Inc. has many years of experience working with individuals with disabilities, she started out as a direct care staff and worked her way up to managing. She managed for many years and saw that there is a need for more person-centered services. Services that focuses on the individual’s abilities and not their disabilities. Another issue that was noticed was the environment in which services is provided; PUSH Services is dedicated to staying away from the “facility” concept and promotes a homey environment.